Sunday 4 May 2008

Jaagran

zzzzzzzzzzz...yawn...

sat all day...oops...I mean to say night (3rd May) in the JAAGRAN at chacha's house in Pitampura. This was the first time that I attended a jaagran. It was sort of fun in the sense that i got to take GOD's name all nite...The bhajans n all were enjoyable n d funniest part was that it was all in punjabi...lol

Actually, we are pake marwaris n dunno much punjaabi...but the mandli that had come for the jaagran was punjabi...(jaagrans are mainly organised by punjabis). Still enjoyed the bhajans sang by them...n also...got to dance :)

Then had break (read...snacks) at 3 in the morning...and after taht everyone had started to lose the josh..but still had to keep ourselves moving n clapping otherwise would have had to dance once again...

In btw all these..my bro Varun was orkuting on his cell....then the inevitable happened...he was called in to dance...lol :)...n he handed his cell to me...u know wat happened then??? I logged out of his orkut n started orkuting myself...lol...then once again the inevitable happened!!! Guess what??? Rite, I was called in to dance!!!!

One more funny thing happened during the nite...me n my Big B did Garba on punjabi tune...lol..it was so funny..we were trying to keep in sync with the tune n the dhol wala was trying to keep in sync with our steps...that was really funny...but we did enjoy doing garba after all these years!!! varun also joined us in btw n he did well i must tell u.. after all these long years having lost touch with garba n dandia...

Oh! I forgot to mention that while we had started garba we were joined in by the elderly ladies of the house!!! Dr. Taiji, Alka Chachi n my mom were the ones to join us!!! My mom never used to do garba in quilon (kerala) at the Gujarati Marwari Samaj function but today she joined us..I m so proud of her!!!

3 comments:

Nave said...

Sounds so much fun !! Am sure you had a great time :)

Unknown said...

Hey there...

GOOD ONE !!!

gr8 thoughts.. recaptured... in a terrifc blog !

My mom never used to do garba in quilon (kerala) at the Gujarati Marwari Samaj function but today she joined us..I m so proud of her!!!

Even I wonder.. abt my MOM...

Meanwhile, U never mentioned abt the 2 LOVELY ladies.. oops.. Gals.. that were present that Night.. the 2 Punjabis.. they danced toooo ;))

even thou.. i had hell of a HEADAche :( that whole day..nd evening.. we rocked eversince.

It was gr8 God's pleasure being there.

Miss ya.. good keep it up..

u rock nywayz.. ;o))

Unknown said...

Hey there...

GOOD ONE !!!

gr8 thoughts.. recaptured... in a terrifc blog !

My mom never used to do garba in quilon (kerala) at the Gujarati Marwari Samaj function but today she joined us..I m so proud of her!!!

Even I wonder.. abt my MOM...

Meanwhile, U never mentioned abt the 2 LOVELY ladies.. oops.. Gals.. that were present that Night.. the 2 Punjabis..
they danced well too ;))

My source of Jaagran .. GOD's pleasure was gr8. eventhou.. i had hell of a HEADAche ;o))

Miss ya.. good keep it up..

u rock nywayz.. ;o))